June Simmons


Cell: 250.221.0672 |

March 1, 2022 is the deadline to apply for an existing use groundwater licence. Applications submitted on or before this date will have the application fee waived.

If you use groundwater for any non-domestic purposes, including farming or a home based business, you must obtain a water licence and pay an annual fee based on usage.

If your well is used for domestic uses only it does not require a licence but you are encouraged to register it if it has not been. There are no fees for this and the process...

Read full post

Contrary to what some may think, Salt Spring Island has a number of rules and regulations affecting the use of land and water.

Here is a list of some things that could apply. Some are general and applicable to all properties. Some will only affect specific properties and you might have to refer to maps to know for sure. Staff at the Islands Trust, Capital Regional District (CRD) and the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) can and should be consulted for up to date and additional information.


Read full post
MLS® property information is provided under copyright© by the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board and Victoria Real Estate Board. The information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification.